Saturday, March 16, 2013

Paleo Follow Up

I'm back, and with my personal results from attempting the paleo diet.
I started on March 1, allowing myself one cheat day, and stopped on March 12. Not a very long time for a diet, but in that time I did see a change. 
I did some preparation before going paleo by loading up on fresh produce, meats, and some snacks. I then took an afternoon to meal plan for the week, being a student, preparing my meals ahead of time was helpful for my schedule. Also, as a first time meal planner I really like knowing exactly what I was going to be having each day instead of fretting over where I  would be grabbing my lunch. I was also able to try some new recipes. I created vegetable medley, spaghetti squash, egg & bacon cups, and whipped up some chicken salad! I really liked the way my body felt after eating all of the fresh foods and I didn't feel guilty consuming sweet potato fries, which are incredible by the way, go get some. With continuing my workouts, which is about 5 times a week, and this diet, I lost about 5 pounds in ten days, which is a bit dramatic. I think most of that was water weight, but hey if you're looking to slim down quick this might help! 
Overall I loved the idea of eating fresh foods, and fueling my body with natural things, instead of a cookie here, or mac n cheese there. The only trouble for me was continuing to have fresh fruits and vegetables. Being a student means stocking up for a few weeks at a time usually, I honestly don't have the time to shop every week, although I'd love to! So if you're able to keep fresh produce on hand this would be easy peasy. 
My overall rating for paleo diet, 4 out of 5 stars from me!

Let me know if you're going paleo and looking for any recipes, I created an entire pinterst board! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment